If you are considering using your credit card insurance then we strongly urge you to ask yourself these questions:
- Do you know what the activation requirement is, ie. how much of the trip must you pay for on the card to be covered by the policy?
- If you book additional travel while you are away, will you be covered if you use cash or a different card?
- Do you know what excess is applied to a claim?
- Are your family members covered or only the primary cardholder?
- Is there an age limit on the policy?
- Are existing medical conditions for both you and family members not travelling covered?
- Does your card cover you for rental car excess?
- Do you have a copy of the policy wording?
- Do you have a policy number to provide to hospitals or other parties in an emergency?
- Do you have a 24 hour emergency assistance number to call in an emergency?
Ensure that you are adequately protected now and while overseas. For enquiries please contact Amaco on 1300 668 149 or 03 9545 0906.
The right travel insurance policy can provide cover for non-refundable cancellation fees in the event that you have to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances (subject to policy exclusions) as well as providing cover for medical expenses, trip interruption, baggage loss/theft and other events during your trip.
Amaco provides travel insurance by Cover-More, SureSave and AussieTravelCover at competitive rates. Please call our office and we will gladly work with you to obtain a quote from any or all of our insurance suppliers.